Our 5 Best Tips For Facing Misfeasance Claims.
If you are a director and you are facing a Misfeasance Claim brought against you by a Liquidator, chances are that the first you know about is when a rather thick pre-action letter of claim arrives through the post, often on a Saturday morning.
Misfeasance Claims can involve long and costly defences. As specialists in defending Misfeasance Claims, we’ve put together a quick guide that features our 5 best tips for facing them. Click here to see the full document, but the key headings are:
- Engage with your Liquidator and his/her solicitor quickly
- Get specialist legal advice as quickly as possible
- Quickly decide on your objectives
- Settle quickly if you feel that a settlement is the inevitable outcome
- If you are intent on defending the misfeasance claim, do so with your eyes wide open, as it is likely to be a long and costly process
With Misfeasance Claims, acting quickly is key
As can be seen from the list above, acting quickly is always the most important thing. The quicker you contact us and our team of specialist solicitors, the sooner we can advise you on your best course of action.
So, if you are facing a Misfeasance Claim, take a look at our 5 tips for dealing with such a claim and then contact us or call us on 0121 200 7040 for a free, initial chat.
Recovering unpaid-for goods from the administrator of BHS. The commercial litigation specialists here at Neil Davies & Partners were recently instructed by a multi-national. Read More »
This is a recent testimonial from a client who was threatened with a director disqualification period of 6 years. He was told his case was hopeless despite spending several. Read More »