Suky began her career working for two central Birmingham boutique practices specialising in personal injury and commercial law.
In 2007, Suky joined NDP as a Paralegal. Her career began with something of a baptism of fire, requiring her to be heavily involved in one of NDP’s most high profile and reported Director Disqualification claims, arising out of the collapse of Claims Direct Plc.
Suky subsequently went on to become NDP’s first Trainee Solicitor, qualifying as a solicitor in 2010. Since then, Suky, as NDP’s longest serving Solicitor has become an integral and vital part of our team. Suky continues to work alongside the Directors in developing and training the junior members of the team.
As a Senior Associate, Suky is fiercely passionate about getting results for her clients. Her no nonsense and pragmatic approach to her work has seen her consistently achieve desired outcomes for her clients.
She specialises in a range of contentious insolvency matters and wider dispute resolution matters. She regularly acts for Insolvency Practitioners, Directors, Shareholders, SMEs and private individuals, specifically:
- Insolvency Practitioners in respect of claims arising under the Insolvency Act 1986 and the Companies Act 2006, including antecedent transaction claims, misfeasance claims, wrongful and fraudulent transaction claims and wider asset recovery.
- Defending misfeasance and breach of duty claims by Liquidators, Administrators and Trustees.
- Advising Directors, defending Director Disqualification claims.
- Acting for Directors in respect of section 17 CDDA ‘Permission to Act’ applications.
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries relating to Personal Liability Notices (‘PLN’).
- Shareholder disputes, including bringing and defending Section 994 Petitions.
- Acting for Directors in relation to section 447 CA investigations.
- Advising and assisting both creditors and debtors in recovery, enforcement, and insolvency proceedings
Outside of work, Suky enjoys travelling, eating out and spending time with her family.